Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday again?

Didn't get to draw today. Too much to get done outdoors. What a beautiful day it was. Tomorrow is a rain day, or supposed to be, and it's Memorial Day. I will work for a bit in my shop to try to move a large project to completion and have it ready for paint on Tuesday morning. But I should have time to sketch for a bit. We went yesterday to the cemetery where my folks are buried to plant some flowers. Now I wish I had of taken the time to sketch the headstone with the flag flying beside it for my dad. He was a veteran of WW I. Any way, I've added five sketches here today. Some older and some fairly recent. Hope you enjoy them. This first one was done one evening while sitting watching television. It is just something that was in my imagination. It was done in a brand new Handbook Journal sketchbook. I really like the tooth of the paper in these books. The next one is also just an imagination out of control. Have no idea if this is something I once saw or what is going on. And does 907 have a significance? I really don't know. The next one is possibly the design drawing for my next sculpture piece. I guess time will tell if it really happens. Then after that is a sketch from works shown in Anvil's Ring magazine. That is one publication of Artists Blacksmiths Association of North America, ABANA. This was one of the vertical elements in a stairway railing. This has a lot of design appeal to me and will give me some inspiration for a sculpture piece someday. The final sketch was of a tape and clip and pencil laying on my drawing board. It was done with a Pitt Brush Pen. Fun to work with from time to time. More later.

1 comment:

purplepaint said...

Your sketches are awesome! Your buildings are really good! I used to paint old building in oil. Enjoying your blog....