Sunday, November 9, 2008

Maysville, KY

This group of buildings is in Maysville, Kentucky. Maysville is the home town of Rosemary Clooney. The sketch is done from a photo I shot a few years back. This particular shot interested me because of the very small building with the green canopy wedged in between the larger buildings. I doubt that it is more than ten feet wide. On its roof was some sort of a room, maybe just a place to get away to read or relax. It had a window and an awning. I don't remember what was in the building but I'm reasonably sure it was in use. I hope to sketch some more from the photos of this trip to Maysville. Hand book journal, Pitt pens, Tombow gray pens, watercolor applied with a water brush pen made by Elmers for kids, cleaned of factory color and refilled with water.

No comments: