Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sketch Crawl #21

These were done on Saturday January 10, 2009 as part of the 21st International Sketch Crawl.

This first image is of a peice of snow removal equipment waiting to be used. By the end of the day there was five inches or more of new snow so I imagine this was used several times during the day.Next is the coal unloading facility at the power plant on campus at Michigan State University. Somewhere out of sight is a machine that will rotate the entire car to dump it. Will have to see if I can get a tour.These next two sketches were done at the livestock pavilion at Michigan State University during the Michigan Horseshoers Association annual get together. There was a lot going on but I only managed two sketches of some of the equipment they were using. The nice thing about this venue was that it was warm and dry.

5 comments:

Linda T said...

Excellent sketches! I forgot all about the sketchcrawl in my town.

Cecelia said...

You were brave to go out in the snow! But, I guess you are more prepared for it up your way, than we are here toward the Gulf Coast of Texas. My sister sent me the sketches she did in Port Lavaca, on the Coast. No snow, but it was chilly for there.
My 22 year old cat was sick so I couldn't get to where I had planned to be. But, I managed to go out for lunch with my daughter, grandsons, and her friend and son. I got some of them to draw, and came home and worked on my drawings in the afternoon-darkening, etc. Haven't got them scanned yet. We were all supposed to meet downtown, but I don't drive due to vision problems, and I couldn't get anyone to take me to town. So, I did what I could, where I was.
Maybe next time.
I'm so glad to see what others accomplished.

Knitting Painter Woman said...

Dry and warm are good! DH and I were on the move too much yesterday to sketch... but I'll be posting TODAY's sketches soon.

quirkyartist said...

These are great. The yellow looks fantastic.

quirkyartist said...

These are fantastic. The yellow looks so great against the snow. Very well seen.