Sunday, March 1, 2009

They've got mail


Rural mailboxes are sometimes an interesting subject. This first one in right across the street from my house and I look at it from my drawing board. It is quite a simple affair with it's two paper boxes.

Pitt sepia pen in a Hand book journal
This next sketch though is a different story. Five mail boxes plus an array of paper boxes all on different types of posts. One mail box is green. One paper box is red. During the summer there is always a pile of "free" papers on the ground around these boxes and then there will be a few free phone books dropped there too. Seems to always be a mess. This is visible from my window but I have to lean foreward a bit to get the view. Anyone else have "mailbox" stories?

Micron pen, watercolor in a Hand book journal.


No comments: